Gift giving (especially this time of year) is so much fun and the older I get, the more I realize how much of a privilege it is. For me, it has never been about the dollar amount spent or collecting the most amount of wrapped boxes underneath the tree. I remember some of my favorite gifts were stocking stuffers my sister would regift from her room. Yup. We had a childhood tradition where we’d regift random knick knacks around our rooms for each other for stocking stuffers and those were what I cherished even more than the brand new sweater or toy (that was also so sweet to receive). So here are some gift ideas that I came up with that are sustainably friendly and will mean more to the person receiving than you know.
- A letter. Tell them your first impression of them. The moment you realized they’d be a forever friend. Your favorite memory of them. Or just how much they mean to you.
- Something from your closet. One of my favorite new things I’m doing with one of my best friends is trading clothing items out of our own closets. It’s like Rent the Runway, except more fun, thoughtful, and FREE.
- Your favorite book. Let’s be real. You probably won’t read it again. And even if you will, it will still make a nice home in the hands of that person in your life with the same taste in books as you.
- Baked goods stored in a Stasher bag. Who would say no to homemade banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, or peppermint bark?! And FYI- Stasher bags are currently on sale for 25%! You can also get them at Anthropologie for 30% off. Sales end when Black Friday sales end.
- Acts of service. Offer to wash their car or maybe help clean out their closet to post stuff on Poshmark (what we say we’ll always do, am I right?). An extra set of hands for that ongoing to-do list goes a LONG way.
- FOOD. Cook them dinner or maybe offer to grocery shop and/or meal prep for them.
- Kale Me Maybe’s Meal Plan. This Meal Plan is perfect for that “too busy to meal prep” or “I have no idea what to make, like, ever” friend. Her recipes are simple, easy, nourishing, and delicious! It’s also on sale for $12 for a limited time.
- Craft their favorite photo, quote, or song. Recreate a favorite photo of their dog, cross-stitch of their favorite quote, or sing their favorite song. One of my favorite gifts I have ever received was a video of my best friend singing “Turn to You” by Christina Aguilera, our ultimate best friend/karaoke song. I BAWLED MY EYES OUT. It was beautiful and I will cherish it forever.
- Groupon self care. Send them a massage, cup of coffee, or fun date night activity. The possibilities are endless!
- Concert tickets. Harry Styles is going on tour next summer, haven’t you heard?
- ClassPass. Seriously swear by this app and service. I have discovered some of my favorite workouts using ClassPass! Use this link to save some monies!
- Thrive Market. It’s like Costco but for healthier and environmentally friendly stuff, but you don’t have to commit to buying in bulk. AKA the best thing ever, and now you can gift a Thrive Market membership.
Hope this helps if you’re stumped or currently aren’t in a place to be spending a ton of money. The Holidays can put on a lot of pressure and I’m here to take it off, or help anyway! All the love.