I love taking care of my body by getting lots of sleep and eating tons of veggies – but when I fly? Let’s just say my body needs a little extra TLC. Between working redeye flights and living half of my life at 30,000 ft., I find myself feeling sleep deprived, bloated, fatigue, lethargic, and stressed. All of these symptoms can put me in a little funk, and that’s not okay! I am a happy person and I want to keep it that way.
I started experimenting with supplements about a year ago. I tried everything from charcoal pills, digestive enzymes, and probiotics in all shapes and sizes (pill form, plant based yogurts, kombucha, etc.). I couldn’t find a routine that would stick and it was hard to determine what fixed what. I also feel like I was constantly being my own guinea pig based on random bits of information that I would receive from other flight attendants, blogs, and influencers.
I was really intrigued to try some of Body Bio‘s supplements for one main reason: it’s backed by science. I LOVE SCIENCE. There’s nothing better than seeing scientific evidence backing why something works versus hearing someone rave about a product “just because.” Body Bio proudly announces on their website’s homepage that they have 45 years of research behind their product development, and rightfully so! Because they are a science and research-based company, many physicians back their products.
So, I decided to be my own guinea pig again. This time, with more confidence and hope! A couple of weeks ago, I received my Foundational Kit in the mail and have been using them ever since. The products I’ve been implementing into my daily routine are:
- Sodium Butyrate: detoxifier of ammonia and neurotoxins to promote digestion and a healthy liver
- Balance Oil: healthy Omega fats to aid heart and brain health
- PC (Phosphatidylcholine): produces liposomes in the body which supports brain function and memory
All of these three key supplements combined are able to support me during times of stress while working 2 jobs and constantly being on the go, and most importantly, aiding my “permanent bloat.” Here are the main differences that I’ve noticed:
- LESS BLOAT!!!! This is HUGE for me. As a flight attendant, I’ve joked about accepting the fact that I will be permanently bloated, but all the while being somewhat serious about it too. Since using Sodium Butyrate on a regular basis and ESPECIALLY while flying, I’ve noticed a drastic difference in how I feel. My stomach doesn’t hurt as much and I’m not as uncomfortable and inflamed when I fly. That said, I still have been avoiding processed foods (especially foods high in sodium), been drinking lots of water, and avoiding carbonated beverages. It also helps to chew slower when you eat to aid your digestion.
- More clarity. Balancing two jobs is not easy, but I’m handling it like a pro thanks to PC and balance oil. I’m usually a bit disorganized and scatterbrained, but I feel like I’ve been able to handle keeping a booked schedule pretty well. Instead of spacing out and stressing about what I have to do, I’ve turned to meditation and creating an abundance of to do lists.
- Less stress. With more clarity and feeling better physically, I’ve been less stressed. Stress is linked to so many diseases and illnesses. Personally, I feel like staying calm and stress-free is the key to living a positive and healthy life.
- More energy. I’ve been able to get up earlier to get my day started and getting so much done before going to work, which makes me feel super productive and happy!
- Better communication. Sometimes, I might need some help with words or I’m unsure of how to approach a situation, but lately, I’ve been able to communicate pretty well. I’ve been able to crank out business e-mails, as well as strengthening my problem solving skills at work with both jobs.
- Detoxify. This is not a benefit I can see or feel, but based on research and knowing what these properties are meant to do, I know that these supplements are helping detoxify my body from toxins from flying. As a flight attendant, I am exposed to a crazy amount of toxins IE: radiation, so I’m glad to know that these supplements are naturally detoxifying my body!
It’s safe to say, I’m really happy with my results so far and I plan on taking these supplements to aid my mental and physical health for a long time. I’m so glad that there are products out there (BACKED BY RESEARCH!) made to make my life as a flight attendant just that much more enjoyable! I hope you find this useful and that you can try it out for yourself to see the difference it can make. If you want to learn more, click here! All the love!