Traveling is probably my most favorite thing to do in the world, but flying is EXHAUSTING. As a flight attendant, I fly more than the average person and after years of doing this, I’ve finally figured out what works for me. I am also going to be sharing ideas via my Instagram friends too!
- Going outside for some fresh air. I always feel so much better going outside after a long flight! Think about that recycled air – yikes!
- Grounding. This is a new concept for me, but I am loving it! Grounding means to walk around outside BARE FOOT. Sounds weird, but it’s seriously the coolest and most relaxing feeling.
- Hydrate. I like to stay hydrated while I fly, and luckily enough, being stuck in the middle or window seat is not an issue. Just remember to continue drinking water post flight because flying is super wearing on your body! The best way to “detox” is to hydrate. You don’t need fancy wellness shots, I swear.
- Stay active while still listening to my body. After flying, most days I crave a walk or a good sweaty workout in the gym. Other days, I just want to crawl into bed. I try my best to honor my body.
- Eating a nourishing meal and anti-inflammatory foods. Flying can mean snacking on things you don’t usually eat, and THAT’S OKAY. But after flying, I like to try and make sure that I am taking care of my body by consuming foods that make me FEEL GOOD. For me, that’s hydrating foods (cucumber, tomatoes, watermelon) and anti-inflammatory foods (greens, veggies cooked with turmeric and black pepper, nuts). I also love having smoothies after flights because it’s easier to digest.
- Gua sha! I love to gua sha every morning but lately I’ve been using my gua sha after flights as well. It gives me a good reason to wash my face, apply nourishing skin serums and oils, then giving my face a little TLC. Gua sha is known to relieve pain, tension, and puffiness!
Other suggestions via IG friends:
- “I drink a lot of coconut water to replenish electrolytes lost from working! And take a hot shower and relax with essential oils”
- “Go to the gym and sweat it all out!”
- “Throw on a face and hair mask, dance it out, journal, and hot shower”
- “Epsom salt bath and legs up on the wall. Non negotiable”
- “Shower and then read a good book”
- “HYDRATE. And shower”
- “Put on fresh sheets if I’m going home!!”
- “Go for a long walk outdoors”
- “I drink sooo much water when I get home after my trips and try to do yoga or exercise!”
- “Wine. Lots of it.” (same)
- “Shower!! I always feel so greasy after flights especially long ones”
- “Thinking about what’s good to eat there!!” (also same)
- “Drink loads of water and use rose toner spray. Eeeeks dry skin”
- “Cryotherapy- esp helps with jet lag”
- “Shower and skin care routine!”
- “Sleep. I also like journaling and meditating, and skincare”
- “Immediately unpack, do laundry, and get things put back where they belong”
- “Take a nap! Because I probs needed 2 Xanax and a wine to get on the plane in the first place” (lol you go brave little toaster!)
- “Def get fresh air, try to put my toes in the sand/ocean”
Hope this helps, my little gypsies! Safe travels and all the love.